Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake 4/6/2014 crappie report

• 4/6/2014 crappie report

Posted by brian-graves on April 7, 2014 at 12:36 am

Great day today! First report and second day on the site. I spent all night reading reports and researching where/how to fish and it sure did pay off.

I have spent the spring and fished about 6 days and i barely caught enough for one dinner for my wife, son and I.

Well this site paid off. This morning a friend of mine and I hit the water at 6:30 launching at fall creek. We motored down to the mouth and setup at the fish attractors heading toward the green channel buoy.

We setup spider rigging 3 poles each with minnows and within minutes the first slab was in the boat. We fished from 7-12:30 and never fired up the big motor. We boated a ton and lost count on the shorts. We took home 23 keepers and most of those were 11″ – 15″.

We stayed in 15′-20′ water on the edge of the drops and fished 4-8 feet deep with double minnow rigs. Ran outta minnows and called it a day. Great day for me. My personal best in a long time.

Ty for this site. I’m glad I found it.

I can post pics if anyone wants to see. But most everyone has seen crappie.

brian-graves replied 9 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • krogers79

April 7, 2014 at 1:02 am

Brian,

Was that you that I ran into at the mouth of Spring and Fall creek? I was in an older blue Ranger fishing a treetop in 20′ of water between the mouths of the creeks.

• Brian

Administrator
    April 7, 2014 at 1:35 am

Great report! Glad you caught a bunch! Krogers, I don’t think so, I didn’t fish today.

• brian-graves

April 7, 2014 at 1:54 am

I was the guy in the tan Lowe stinger. Did you have the young child with you and the guy in camo in the back? If so i remember you as we passed by.

I remembered the guy in the camo, he came by and chatting with us yesterday at the Mona romp. Nice fellow.

How did you guys end up?

• krogers79

April 7, 2014 at 2:14 am

That was us. The young one got restless and wanted to go fast. We had a mixed bag of fish and 4 keeper crappie. We didn’t keep ant of them.

• brian-graves

April 7, 2014 at 2:44 am

Yea. I have a 3 yo. I know about restless. He will be my sidekick in a couple more years.

I caught most of mine by that red buoy I was next to when you guys headed up the lake. All of our fish were suspended and not near wood.

Good to see you. I will be back out there this week one day.

s2Member®