Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake August 23, 2014

• August 23, 2014

Posted by marsh on August 25, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I took a good friend and his son out Saturday morning. We put in at Longhunter and headed straight over to Ponderosa Island. We fished from 6-10:30. Fishing the cut thru side of the island we caught 2 on a rattletrap and fluke. I noticed 3 or 4 boats close to the rock buoys in the cut thru and figured the white bass and hybrids were still in the jumps there. Sure enough you could see them coming up from a a long ways off. I ignored them for about 20 minutes but they just stayed fired up so we couldn’t resist. As soon as we pulled up there my friends son fired a rattletrap and caught a 3 lb hybrid. Over the the next 1 1/2 hours we caught 5 or 6 hybrids in the 2-3lb range,several white bass, and 1 largemouth. We caught most of them on cotton cordell silver spoons and a few with rattletraps. After the action slowed we just stayed around Four Corners area hitting a couple points and a nice hump between Ponderosa and Mousetail Island I believe its called with no luck. After that we tried a small cove that has a lot of rock and close to deep water and picked up 1 more largemouth on a rattletrap. No keeper largemouth today, but still a good day of fishing.

Brian replied 9 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Brian

Administrator
    August 25, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Nice report! I enjoyed those white bass and hybrids a week ago! Glad to hear they’re still there.

s2Member®