Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake Fishing Report :: 3/21/2014

• Fishing Report :: 3/21/2014

Posted by simplecircuit on March 22, 2014 at 7:02 am

Fishing the lower end of the lake today from 3:45-dark we had a great day.
    Overall we caught around 30 fish (hybrids and largemouth). We focused on water in the 52-55 degree range and caught most fish in less than 3ft of water. For the most part we stayed on isolated shallow rocks down lake. The largemouth were all super dark from being shallow. All fish were caught on umbrella rigs, red eye shad and finesse spinnerbaits in shad colors. The largest bass was around 3.5lbs and the largest hybrid was 10+lbs. if I have time, I’ll post a pic tomorrow. The key was finding rock piles with the most direct wind blowing in them. That made for a LONG day on the trolling motor, but seemed to really fire up the fish. Water temps down lake are ranging from 49-56. Water clarity is on the clearer side with 3-4ft visibility. Wind was moderate-high throughout the afternoon.
    J.

marsh replied 10 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • degaman

March 22, 2014 at 12:04 pm

It’s nice to know that the lower end is turning on. Congrats on the hybrid. That’s a monster.

• blockel

March 23, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Congrats on what sounds like an awesome day!!

• marsh

March 24, 2014 at 2:28 am

I fished Saturday and caught 3 largemouth and had another good one get off. Caught a 3.5 lb bass by Pooles Knob campground on a white chatter bait around stumps in 2-3 ft. Went over to Ponderosa island and caught another solid keeper on TN rig. Had a big bass get off there also on TN rig. Caught one more short fish on TN rig on next island down lake. Water temp was 50-53. Fish were caught in 2-4ft off of rocky banks.

s2Member®