Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake Good Start to 2015

• Good Start to 2015

Posted by daviddukes on January 2, 2015 at 12:36 am

My luck from earlier in the week continued today as I finished the day with around 15 bass, including a 5 pounder (21″), and two more keepers that I didn’t weigh but they were both around 17″. I suppose I will continue to throw the rattle trap until the bite stops. All 15 were caught within 100 yards of the Smyrna pumphouse. The 5 pounder was caught a few feet of the rocks on the point. I had lost all of my sexy shads of any weight, so I put on a chrome sexy shad, 1/4 oz. which the big guy hammered. After two or three turns I would give it a sweep then retrieve slowly. -see picture

Attachments:

daviddukes replied 9 years, 5 months ago 6 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • rolltide

January 2, 2015 at 1:17 am

Nice catch!!!

• krogers79

January 2, 2015 at 1:17 am

Good day right there. We found the same pattern, but the quality wasn’t what you had.

• shad3036

January 2, 2015 at 2:01 am

Nice catch

• blockel

January 5, 2015 at 8:58 pm

How are you guys working your lipless crankbaits exactly? Just chucking and winding, pull and pause, hopping like a jig or all of the above?

• 5star

January 6, 2015 at 12:22 am

Great Job man..I wIll be out soon also.. 😀

• daviddukes

January 6, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Sorry to just now respond, getting over the stomach flu. I am sure everything will change this week but I would just give it a moderate sweep followed by a slow retrieval with maybe quick pause occasionally. Usually they would hit a few turns after the sweep. It’s a pain because I got hung up a lot.

s2Member®