Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake Lake Conditions :: 2/9/2014

• Lake Conditions :: 2/9/2014

Posted by simplecircuit on February 9, 2014 at 6:28 am

We,went out today on the lower end of the lake.
    Launching out of Elm Hill we fished for 3-4hrs in the afternoon. We didn’t catch anything, but I thought I’d go ahead and put up a report for conditions. Water was between summer and winter pool. Closer to summer pool as the dock was accessible at the elm hill ramp. The lower end of the lake ranged from 4 to 1 foot of visibility depending on the wind and bottom composition. Temps ranged from 35.6-37.9. Wind was variable from the SSW nd later from the W. air temp was around 42 for most of the day according to my engines smart gauges. We fished shallow and deep. Missed a couple on drop shots in 25 ft of water. Graphed some fish suspended at 30 ft ovr 40ft.

Summary. It’s February and cold.

simplecircuit replied 10 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Brian

Administrator
    February 9, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Lol! Thanks for the report! I was hoping the water would be a little warmer with all the rain. I’m heading out Wednesday…..can’t wait, ready to start getting out more and posting more reports!

• bdeat2

February 9, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Thanks for the report.

• degaman

February 9, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Spring Creek was fairly clear and 51 degrees today. The fish didn’t make an appearance though.

• creekcrappie

February 10, 2014 at 12:01 am

I fished the feeder creek a spring creek and I caught a catfish and I had a crappie get off in a crappie magnet. I will see how they bite tomorrow at 5:30.

• simplecircuit

February 10, 2014 at 6:22 am

I feel like if we had committed to the drop shot from the beginning, we would have caught some fish.
    My partner had zero interest in doing it until the end of the day though. I also saw som fish suspended on the bluffs that made me think a deep diving jerk bait might have worked. [e.g. DD Pointer 100 or OneTen+1]. If the conditions are the same next week, I’ll probably go with that strategy unless there is something that you guys figure out this week.
    J

s2Member®