Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake Oct 5 night/Morning

  • Oct 5 night/Morning

    Posted by Brian on October 6, 2017 at 2:29 am

    This morning Eric Dickens and I went out at 4 a.m. to fish 2 hours before our trips started. We heard the smallmouth bite was on and the rumor was right.

    We launched from Fate Sanders and then motored straight to Bryanr’s Grove point just passed the boat ramp on the right. The water temperature was 73 degrees. We had a full moon which appeared to help the activity. Each of us casting a black 3/4oz Hoppy’s spinnerbait with number 5 Colorado blade we started casting into 4 feet while sitting in 10ft. Within 30 yards we caught our first fish, a short largemouth. We continue down the bank to where the long flat point starts and heads all the way out to the next green buoy on channel drop. The next 2 hours we fished the base of this point and caught three smallmouth that were all over 18 inches and one 3lb pound largemouth! All these fish were holding on the boulder rocks in 4 to 6 feet. It was a phenomenal two hours before we had to start our trips.

    At 630am my clients jumped in the boat we began an awful trip with only a few fish! We started in Lamar Hill all the way in the back with the boat in 4 – 5 feet casting into 2 ft. We tried H2O squarebill crankbaits in sexy shad pattern, flukes, and a torpedo. We fished the entire cove without a bite.

    Next we moved to the island straight up from Lamar Hill. Fishing in between the islands around the boulder rocks we kept the boat in 6-7 feet of water and cast into 2-3 feet of water. We had two fish on 3/16oz shaky heads with green pumpkin trick worm, but they didn’t make it in the boat.

    Next we cruised to Spring Creek and fished the mouth all the way up on top of the flat behind the PVC polls around the rock hump. We fished around the shallow rockpile up to the bank for 25 minutes and never had a bite.

    We moved into Spring Creek and into the cove on the right instead of going back further into the creek. We fished the entire pocket with the same lures with the boat in 2 to 4 feet of water never getting any action.

    We finished in Stewarts Creek on a school of bass across from the boat ramp. Focusing on the point in 16 feet of water we caught three bass sitting directly on top of the school throwing plastic worms and a few minnows we had leftover from yesterday. We caught 5, the biggest was about 2lbs. It was a tough morning, but I’ll be out again tomorrow to try in the morning and in the evening. I’ll post how it goes.

    Brian replied 6 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Log in to reply.