Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Crappie Coordinates Percy Priest Crappie Coordinates

• Dakota

January 9, 2014 at 2:19 am
    quote Frank:

“Easy GPS” is a free program available online that does allow you to set waypoints, other things as well, on the computer and upload to your Lowrance via SD card. It is easier, however, to enter coordinates directly to the Lowrance unit. Make you you choose the correct GPS FORMAT in the Lowrance unit.

So when you say gps format there must be different ways that this number is punched in?

• rswrightjr

April 11, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Hey Brian. These crappie coordinates are awesome. I appreciate them. I thought you were going to do them quarterly?

• amxgilligan

April 18, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Hey Brian,

When do you think you will post 6 more Priest and Old Hickory coordinates ?

Really been anticipating these as the spawn is in full force.

Thanks,

amxgilligan

• Brian

Administrator
    April 20, 2014 at 2:21 am

I just added 6 more. This time 3 for priest and 3 for old hickory. The 3 for old hickory are coves with docks that have a lot of brush for the spawn.

• jdavis28

September 14, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Send us some new ones?????

• Brian

Administrator
    September 15, 2016 at 12:48 pm

I was thinking about bulking up the ones that are currently posted, but now I’m thinking of putting 15 new ones for everybody.

• shad3036

September 16, 2016 at 12:30 am

I am sure I speak for everyone, do it! Lol

• Brian

Administrator
    September 24, 2016 at 6:49 pm

Update: getting all the new 15 brushpile coordinates together and writing a description for each like the last 15. They will be soon. I will have some up, mid, and down lake

• Gary

December 11, 2016 at 1:22 am

When will this be updated?

• Brian

Administrator
    December 11, 2016 at 1:27 am

They are already on the coordinates page. It’s a new thread. They’ve been up for a couple months.

• Gary

December 11, 2016 at 1:33 am
    quote Brian Carper:

They are already on the coordinates page. It’s a new thread. They’ve been up for a couple months.

Ok
    Thanks

• jeremymanning

June 2, 2020 at 12:59 am

I put these coordinates in my Lowrance Elite 7 HDI in my shop then went out to PP and the structure was a little off from what my unit said. I bought the unit along with a Navionics card in 2017 that hasn’t been updated since and was wondering if that could be the problem ? Along with that, what are the advances of updating your card every year ? Thanks

• Bryan

September 10, 2020 at 2:35 am

I was having some and issue with using the coordinates that posted on this website. I would enter the coordinates and it would show a location on dry land. After talking with Lowrance technical support I learned about Datum settings. I was using the Lowrance reccomended default setting for Datum which is WGS 84. When I contacted Brian Carper I learned that he had his Datum set on North America 1983 – Alaska, Canada, Continental US when he entered the brush pile waypoints. In talking with Lowrance they said that I should be able to change my Datum setting to match Brian Carper’s setting then save his waypoints while the Datum was still set on North America 1983 – Alaska, Canada, Continental US. Then I should be able to change my Datum setting back to WGS 84 and the unit should translate this change and keep the waypoints in the correct location. The waypoints do look like they stayed in the same location when I change the Datum back to original setting but I have not verified this on the water yet but hope to soon. Has anyone else had experience with correcting this issue to confirm if the steps above will work correctly?

• Brian

Administrator
    September 20, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Thanks. I wonder what my Lowrance HDSLive is under.

• finley

September 28, 2020 at 12:39 am

So what is the verdict on the Datum issue? I looked at my default and it’s set to WGS 84. Is this why I can’t find any of these trees?

Page 2 of 3

s2Member®