Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake Saturday morning 6/21/2014

• Saturday morning 6/21/2014

Posted by krogers79 on June 21, 2014 at 8:54 pm

We hit the water at 5:15 with the intent to fish main river ledges. We started at the long rock point at the Jones mill ramp. I started throwing the ole football around and hooked into a 3.0 lbs largemouth. A few casts later and I snagged another 2.5 lbs largemouth. We then moved around to the long point off the bluff at Bryant’s grove and I hooked up with another 2.5 lbs largemouth. We hit a couple of other spots with no luck. We picked up a 2 lbs keeper at Hotel/Motel island. We then moved back to the Jones Mill point. Still throwing the football around I boated a 2.5 lbs smallmouth. I have fished that point a lot and this was the first smally to come off of it. My partner finally decided that the ole jig was probably worth trying. 😀 We motored down the long rock point at the mouth of Stewarts Creek and I stuck with what was working. On the first cast, the rod loaded up and the fight was on. That one ended up being a 4 lbs largemouth. Claiming victory against Priest, we packed it up and headed home about 11. At all ledges the boat stayed into 20-40 ft of water and we would drag our baits on and down the ledges. The quantity wasn’t there, but it only takes 5 good bites and we got some pretty good ones. Good practice for our trip to the Big G next weekend.

krogers79 replied 10 years ago 6 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • eanderson

June 21, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Sounds like an awesome day!!

Where is Jones mill ramp? I know where Jones Mill road is and pools knob ramp but not the Jones mill ramp and rock point.

Thanks
    Eric

• krogers79

June 21, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Hang a hard right after the first cut. The ramp is decommissioned. I may not be calling it the correct name, but that is how it was named to me. 🙂

• creekcrappie

June 21, 2014 at 9:35 pm

What color jigs did you fish?

• eanderson

June 21, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Got it. I thought that is where it was but wasnt sure! Thanks!
    EA

• krogers79

June 21, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Green pumpkin, black and blue, and PB&J

• degaman

June 21, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Sounds like a successful trip!

• ibdally111

June 22, 2014 at 12:01 am

I fished the forks today from 5 to 10 am and only managed 5 bass with the largest pushing 4. 3 on DD crankbaits and 2 on a shakey head worm. Fishing rocks in 10-16 fot. I may hit mid lake tomorrow but will probably just end up floating on the pontoon for the day. Good report Kroger~thanks for the info.

• Brian

Administrator
    June 22, 2014 at 3:39 am

Nice report! I am posting one now……very, very similar….lol

• krogers79

June 22, 2014 at 3:52 am

Yes sir. We hit a lot of the same spots. My most productive big fish spot was dead today…the rock ledge (Big Fish Ledge) before you go under Hobson Pike on the Four Corners side.

s2Member®