Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake Drop Shotting bluff walls Re: Drop Shotting bluff walls

• simplecircuit

January 9, 2014 at 7:24 pm

After taking a trip with Brian a couple years ago, I dropshot the bluffs around Elm Hill a lot too.
    From day to day, you will find which depths the fish are at. Last year, we caught a lot at 35ft. For setup… I use 7lb sunline fc sniper, sz 1 gamakatsu split shot hook (sometimes the VMC spin shot or gamakatsu g-finesse dropshot swivels. I typically keep the leader to 16-24″. For baits… I use a variety of finesse lure all in the 3-4″ range. Think Japanese soft plastics and roboworms in shad tones.

As an aside. I got the chance to ask several elite series pros how they would approach fishing Priest in the winter based on my description of it being deep, rocky with relatively clear water and well defined points and channels. Every pro gave the exact same answer. 4-6″ purple roboworm on a dropshot on main lake points. I thought it was funny that they all independently came up with the same approach with such specific detail.

Good luck.
    J

s2Member®