Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Percy Priest Lake Spoon Fishing :: Any experts here? Re: Spoon Fishing :: Any experts here?

• simplecircuit

October 31, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Brian – Sorry to hear about your wife’s complications. Hopefully she’s back at home and up to full speed before long.

bclifton – On the winter fishing, we did really well last year fishing a dropshot around bluff walls in the 25-35ft range. Most of our fish were suspending just off the bottom or were tight to the bottom. Also, I’m not sure there are many guys/girls who don’t throw a #5 shad rap during the winter at Priest. There is always some disagreement on the best color [shad v. craw], but I favor the solid orange craw color. A friend from work claims that you can never fish too shallow in the winter at Priest. 😆

degaman – I would have figured you to be the resident spoon expert. I’ve fished silver buddies during winter with limited success, but really don’t have much confidence in them. The spoons that I had heard were catching them right now are the Hopkins-style spoons. Any advice for those? I assume it’s just a matter of finding the bait on the graph, then dropping through them and finding what the bass [and everything else down there] want in terms of action?

j.

s2Member®