Find answers, ask questions, and connect with other fishing enthusiasts.

Forums Forums Old Hickory Lake Fishing Report for Old Hickory…? Re: Fishing Report for Old Hickory…?

• simplecircuit

October 31, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Blockel,
    We must live close to one another. I live in Edgefield, but stopped using the ramp at Shelby Bottoms after tearing up a prop from my old boat on a large rock that someone had dumped at the end… We usually fish from Neely’s Bend [where the Stones River meets the Cumberland] up to the OH Dam. I do like fishing around downtown and have had success down there. I just don’t head that way much anymore. If I were going to fish from Shelby, I would run up to around Opry Mills first. There are a couple of good rockpiles, shoals and such around that area. The stretch of the river that extends up from the General Jackson mooring to the Briley Parkway overpass is also good. We usually try to focus on anywhere there is rock. So, if there is a bend in the river that has bluff walls or chunk rock, that’s what we try to fish around. I’ve also had a few good days between downtown and Bordeaux – there is an old lock down across from Metro Center that has a lot of concrete and rock that holds fish. For the most part, in the summer, your best bet is to only fish when there are 2 or more generators running. Between a 4yo, a job, and a regular fishing partner, my schedule is a little full, but I’d be happy to try to find some time to go out with you to show you what we do.
    j.

s2Member®